Apr 4, 2011

Reunited a month later.....

Exactly one year ago my company changed locations.  I work for a rather small company so when it came to packing and unpacking...well there was two of us to do the job.  My co-worker (who happens to be one of my best friends) spent the weeks before the move packing the office as well as our storage facility.  When it came to moving day...the movers came and each of us took a location.  I had the new office directly people where to go and she took the new office...making sure everything got packed.  The two of us worked great together.  We were in and every single box was unpacked within two days.  That's a miracle and a half.

Within just a few days of being at the new office, this wonderful girl named Taryn came into my office.  She said she worked for the company down the hall.   They too were a small company and she was often left alone to run things.  She just came to introduce herself and welcome us to the building.  I knew instantly we would become friends... and we did.

About a few weeks ago..I went down the hall to deliver some mail that we had gotten of theirs and she wasn't there.  Her boss informed me that she had been in a skiing accident and had broken her back.  I literally almost cried right there in front of him.  I made sure to email her immediately to see if she needed anything.  I was just heart broken.  Above all else...I prayed.  A broken back is very serious.

Well...after a month of being out...Taryn just walked in my office.  I literally ran out of my office and gave her a huge hug.  She told me all about what happened and oh.my.gosh has she been through a lot.

I'm so grateful to have her back but more grateful that she is walking and is recovering just fine..without any complications.  She still has some pain so prayer is still needed, but my friend is back.  That wonderful smiling face that I have grown so used to seeing everyday is finally back.  I thank God for bringing such a sweet person in my life and for bringing her healing.

1 comment: